AIR KIRIBATI LIMITED NOW INVITES APPLICATIONS FROM SUITABLY QUALIFIED PERSONS TO FILL IN ONE VACANCY POSITION OF THE FINANCE MANAGER NOW EXISTS WITHIN THE ORGANIZATION.
CEO, Board of Directors
PLEASE SEND YOUR E-APPLICATIONS TO THE [email protected] NO LATER THAN THE WEDNESDAY, 28TH SEPTEMBER 2022.
nature of work
The post is the head of the Finance Division whose main responsibility is to produce financial reports on periodical basis and ensure that the accounting system and practices conforms to acceptable international standards. The Finance Manager is also the advisor to the CEO and the Board on all financial affairs of the Authority.
Major duties and responsibilities
1. Manage, plan, and coordinate all Accounting tasks and activities in accordance with approved
2. Prepare and control the Authority’s Annual Budgets in accordance with predetermined guideline of
3. Approve payment/commitment and sign cheques.
4. Prepare the Authority’s periodical Financial Reports as and when required by the Board on timely
5. Prepare the Authority’s Annual Financial Reports in accordance with existing laws and standard
6. Set up and maintain a computerized accounting system for the Authority and train Accounts staffs
in newly computerized accounting procedures and techniques.
7. Ensure that the Authority’s accounting systems comply with national and international accounting
standard and practices.
8. Work closely with the Human Resources Manager for the regular skill-upgrading of Accounts staff
through short-term or long-term courses at local or overseas Institutes.
9. Review the Authority’s long-term and short-term investments (like the IBD, etc.) at the intervals
promulgated by the Board.
10. Prepare and file the Authority’s annual returns and income tax returns.
11. Perform other duties as may be assigned to him/her from time to time by the General Manager.
- Minimum Qualifications Required: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting studies
- Minimum Experience Required: 5 years as Senior Accountant or similar positions with Government
- Ministries or Corporate/State Owned Companies
- Good computing skills – familiar with basic software (Word, Spread Sheet & Data Base)
- Familiar with any multi-user Accounting Software, MYOB will be an advantage
- Good analytical skill
- Mature personality and of sober habits
- Highly motivated and accomplisher
- Good Communicator